Stones of all kinds are living beings. They have vibrations and can be influenced by other vibrations or thoughts. Most stones can be cleaned of influences that have touched them before they came into your hands. When the stones are cleaned they have only their own energy until they are used in a ritual. It is best to clean stones after using them in any ritual. It is important to clean, wash and purify your gemstones and crystals before using them. Stones and crystals carry the vibrations of those people who have handled the stone before it came into your possession.
There are several methods of cleaning gemstones. They are all good. Clean your gemstones by the method that you feel most comfortable with.
✯Running Water Method
Stones can be held in running water. (I don’t like using tap water because most cities have many chemicals in the water). The stones can be left in the rain or held in a creek or water can be poured over them. Use only bottled spring water, rain water or boiled water unless it is a natural spring, creek or river.
**Be careful with water though.. Some crystals will actually dissolve
Stones can be passed in the smoke of sandalwood incense or the smoke of a sage smudge stick.
Stones can be passed over the flame of a white candle.
Stones can be buried in sea salt or in the earth overnight.
Stones can be placed on sea salt and put where the moonlight of the full moon will fall on them. This is especially good for moon based rituals. It is best for the stones to be outside, as glass will deflect some light, but the stones may be placed in a window.
For sun based rituals place the stone on sea salt and put it where the sunlight will fall on it for a day. It is best for the stones to be outside, as glass will deflect some light, but the stones may be placed in a window.
** I tend to not use this method with crystals that are of a lighter color as I find it discolors them more so.
Stones can be place on a crystal cluster and put in the sunlight. This must be done outside. This is a safe way for most stones
✯Purifying with sea salt water
The list of stones that should not be cleaned in the salt and water method are listed below. Please read carefully.
Amber, Turquoise, Imperial Topaz, Red Coral, Fire Opal, Moonstone, Opal, all Calcites including Blue Calcite, Green Calcite, Orange Calcite, Angelite, Azurite, Kyanite and Kunzite or any raw or rough stone should not be cleaned with the salt and water soaking method. Any stone with a hardness under 7 should not be cleaned in salt water. If you are not sure of the hardness of the stone use another method of cleaning
Malachite should be cleaned by putting it in running water (do not use salt) and dried in the sun. Never have salt close to Malachite.
For each stone use one (1) cup of boiled water, add one (1) teaspoon of salt (Kosher or sea salt is best) for each cup to the hot water. Let the water cool so that you can put your hand in it. Pour the water into a glass bowl. Place all the stones in the salt water for at least 3 hours. You may leave them in the salt water longer, but not less than 3 hours.
After the stones are cleansed and dry, they are ready for use. If the stones are for ritual use, wrap them in a clean cloth of natural material, such as cotton, silk or wool. Keep them in a safe place where they will not be handled or touched by other people.
- onlyhabitschange reblogged this from darkoverlordofcats
- darkoverlordofcats likes this
- darkoverlordofcats reblogged this from stonedserialkiller
- stonedserialkiller reblogged this from theawakenedstate
- stonedserialkiller likes this
- noobywitch reblogged this from moonlightkingdom
- crystalphox reblogged this from merrymeet
- suffering-succubus reblogged this from the-darkest-of-lights
- mermaidstempest reblogged this from the-darkest-of-lights
- highpriestessofhecate reblogged this from merrymeet
- coloursofolivia likes this
- simplywitchy reblogged this from passionpursuit-ofleisure
- katherinehasacamera likes this
- morkikirik likes this
- tragicallybeautifulwolves likes this
- srworthen reblogged this from the-solitary-witch
- witchesinstitches reblogged this from the-solitary-witch
- enteryoursoulhere reblogged this from magickal-dreamer
- magickal-dreamer reblogged this from the-solitary-witch
- magickal-dreamer likes this
- papavernoir reblogged this from the-solitary-witch
- papavernoir likes this
- thoreauknitsshit likes this
- bloodlaced likes this
- healthmindandsoul reblogged this from the-solitary-witch
- cute-little-witch likes this
- ruptured-tides likes this
- the-solitary-witch reblogged this from welcome-to-chinatown
- thecatandthewitch likes this
- wickedsphinktor reblogged this from the-darkest-of-lights
- violetvelociraptors likes this
- sugartown91 reblogged this from thedruidsteaparty
- bsivaraju reblogged this from ateenwitchesblog
- ateenwitchesblog reblogged this from dancingwiththeforest
- love-athenasdaughter-stuff reblogged this from passionpursuit-ofleisure
- love-athenasdaughter-stuff likes this
- dooshbaggasso reblogged this from sryllickrona
- dooshbaggasso likes this
- rainbowshitshow likes this
- helgaandbear likes this
- its-black-magic-fuckery reblogged this from the-darkest-of-lights
- its-black-magic-fuckery likes this
- jazstan likes this
- lalunasa likes this
- thatfagunicorn reblogged this from the-darkest-of-lights
- abs3nt likes this
- guru-tetra likes this
- dankdevil likes this
- dilda-swinton reblogged this from livin6lovin